10/30/08

Making use of the time and space I have

I was pretty excited to see that my stomach has now reached the ideal shape for the shelf that I was told it could become. As long as he doesn't go kicking while I'm making use of his body in mine, it's a guaranteed success!

39 weeks.

a.k.a.

8 months + 3 weeks.

a.k.a.

any day now.


Status:
I'm feeling great! A little uncomfortable every now and then, especially if I'm not careful with my back and bending the way I'm supposed to, or if he goes and gets all up in my ribs, but overall, the baby and I are both still kicking. My doctor said progress has been made, but since I think that's weird to go sharing that "progress" on a blog, suffice it to say he's not here yet. She thinks when things start going they'll go quickly. Baby Smith and I are both feeling a little crowded at this point I reckon, but in the meantime, it's been great to get things done I never could have had he come earlier. Like...I don't know, catching up on a 3 month blog deficit?? And about three hundred other things I want to accomplish every day. But stay tuned...he's bound to show up sometime in the near future! Names are still in the air with the running 5 finalists...

5 comments:

Lincoln and Alisia said...

This is BY FAR my favorite pic! I love it!

Lex said...

I have been waiting for you to play catch up and Riley(my hubby) asked if i was getting baby hungry as i looked at this lovely picture. I said No but that i missed you A LOT! Hope baby Smith comes out all gooey like he's supposed crying and all. Love ya

The Minnesota Preators said...

Loved all your recent update! So fun to read about what you have been up to...can't wait to hear about the blessed arrival!

ashley said...

Oh my gosh! How exciting!! I didn't realize you were that far along! Good luck in the upcoming days!

RonElaine said...

Melissa - was blog surfing and found your blog. You look fabulous - with the exception of your sweet belly, you don't look pregnant at all (no puffy face/hands or anything!). Pregnancy suits you. Good luck and hope Baby Smith makes his appearance sooner rather than later.