10/27/08

Quick trip and baby blessing in Philly (Sep. 28, 2008)

The last weekend of September was the baby blessing of Jon's cousin's newest baby, Alexa, up in Philly, and since they're our closest family geographically out here, we wanted to jump on the opportunity to go join them for the event. All Jon's cousin's kids are really cute too, we always have fun playing around with them when we go there.

Jon's especially cute with the kids (see convincing photo below). We went to church 30 minutes early since Heather & Tom had a bishop interview before sacrament meeting, so Jon was put in charge of kid entertainment. He had all 4 of the older kids (ages 2-7 I think?) on his own and all I know is I didn't see them the whole time, and they came back happy. Jon said they took advantage of the church library and hoarded all the paper and crayons to sprawl out on the gym floor and go crazy with the coloring. He said when he was coming back into the chapel, the lady handing out programs said something like "oh, I almost forgot you, Brother babysitter!" as she made sure he got a program. So funny...Brother babysitter. Love it. I knew he'd be a good dad. :)

Here are some photos from the day. Thanks again Tom and Heather for letting us stay the night on your posh double-layer air mattress--we're sold on them! We had fun with you and the kids and hope to see you again soon!




































1 comment:

Generational stitcher said...

You guys are the BEST! Sorry to drag you out of bed at the wee morning hours to get to church! The kids always love it when we get to see you! Thanks again for coming and I hope you got to feeling somewhat ok soon