We loved just being home at our place with Julie and Jeni and the babies. Jon and I got to witness everything from feeding time and nap time to crying time and cranky time, and it was a good mental prep for us and our so-very-soon upcoming adventure in parenthood. Jon's sisters are such good moms, and I loved watching them and learning from them. We also both loved seeing babies in our new baby stuff...one in our crib the night we set it up, one in our car seat strapped into our car, both of them taking turns swinging in a sweet old swing we got from one of my coworkers...it was the funnest thing. We loved having the chance to try out our stuff and break it in for a couple days. It was also fun with all of us just making dinner together every night, chatting, taking the 5 Love Languages quiz to find out what we are, and going through all our photos of their trip. We had a blast!

On their last night here, when I got home from work they had made a cake to celebrate my birthday (since it was the next day) and Jeni's birthday (since it was the day before they got here), so Jeni and I got to blow the candles out together. I must have been thinking too hard about what to wish for or something, because Jeni totally beat me to the punch! :) It was pretty funny, as demonstrated by Jon's face in the photo below.

Here are the babies being totally entertained by the turtle (Lincoln):

We loved loved loved having these 4 here to stay with us for a week, thanks so much for coming you guys!!! We've missed you and wish we could live closer to see you more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment