To finish off our couple of days with Jon's parents, we wanted to take them to Great Falls (since it's the closest national park we know of) and show them a little bit more of the outdoors close to our place. The highlight was seeing kayakers braving the falls, especially since we had just come from kayaking on our own, so we could easily look at them and say, "oh that's nothing! We could have owned them!" Okay, not really, I was more likely thinking that I was so glad we had been kayaking on part of the Potomac that was more like a lake than a river, but I'm sure the risk-taker in Jon was just dying to be out there on the falls with them. I loved watching from the sides! :)PICS OF THE DAY: 1-going over the falls, 2-upside down in the water :)

After walking around the falls for a bit, we went on a "hike," which is actually more of a nature trail, seeing as there was absolutely no incline. But it was pretty hot and humid by midday, so we were grateful for some easy-going strolling. It leads to a man-made dam with a castle-looking house in the background, so we of course took advantage of that to take lots of pictures. My feet were totally prego-swollen that day, and Jon was kind enough to take pictures of those too, but thanks to my father-in-laws request to not blog them, I don't have to post those on the blog. :) Otherwise, Jon might make me just to be funny and for 'documentation purposes.' Suffice it to say they were large that day.

After our walk we had an awesome picnic that Jon prepared ALL of (his parents were so proud) and headed off to take them back to the airport. We miss them already! Thanks so much for coming Jeanne and Jeryl!! It was so fun to have you here and we loved spending time with you! We look forward to seeing you again soon when the baby comes!
2 comments:
Nice belly Miss! I can't wait to see your little one on the blog. Good luck. I hope everything goes really smooth!
Hey, you guys are back. Welcome back guys. I don't even have enough time to read and look at all your new stuff, but you better believe I will soon (probably during a boring class next week). I love those pictures of the waterfalls. It looks fake. I'm glad you guys are still alive in the blogging world. Hope to see you soon in the real world too. I can barely remember what you're like in real life. Anyway, have fun with your new camera, they're so sweet, I love Kalli's. see ya - Joel
Post a Comment