On my dad's last night in DC, he slipped me into dinner with all the other people at the conference with him, so I was treated for free to a dinner in Union Station. The food was really good, but mostly it was nice to see how much everyone there appreciated and respected my dad. It was great to spend time with him too (Jon was working until 12 that night), and he was even nice enough to metro with me all the way back to my stop in VA, even though he had to backtrack all the way back to his stop in DC, which would have been much closer for him from Union Station. That's my dad, always thinking about himself last, and everyone else first. Of course the one picture I got with him was taken by some random person in Union Station who apparently thought we'd like a shoulder/headshot with 50% ceiling in the picture...nothing like a flattering straight-up-the-chin view.Thanks again, Dad! I feel bad we just worked you to death every night you were here, and I wish we could have had time to just go out and do a bunch of touristy-nothing, but you helped us so much and we're so grateful for all your hard work! Come back soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment