
Last night (yeah go ahead, read that twice...LAST NIGHT. Look who's all caught up!!?!) we carved pumpkins with some new friends in the new ward (the Smiths, Waldrips, and Wheatleys), and we had loads of fun putting tiny pumpkin knives and gut scoopers to good use as we tried our hand at a little halloween creativity. Okay, I can't take any credit for mine. I got it out of the pattern book. But I didn't trace the pattern at least! I was a sucker for the simplicity of an emoticon on a pumpkin. Whoever came up with it was super clever, although that someone was not me.
Jon's is a baby head (you can totally tell by the curl of hair at the top and the awesome binky at the mouth) that clearly took much more ingenuity than mine. His will be put to good use with his halloween costume at work tomorrow, which we'll be sure to post photos of later. Jon and I had the weirdest pumpkins that had guts that came out looking like spaghetti or silly string....have you ever even seen that before? It was totally foreign to me, and made carving a lot more difficult, but we mastered it by the end of the night.
Thanks to Abby and Matt for inviting us over! It was so much fun and we'll have to do something again soon!
(Below is our pumpkin family, pre-carving party, including pumpkins at appropriate sizes for yet-to-be-named baby Smith, Jon, Lincoln and Melissa. If you know Lincoln, our turtle, his pumpkin looks just like him!)
1 comment:
Melissa, I found your blog through Whitney's. How fun that I even get to be IN the blog. You, me and Whitney have matching photos:) Mind if I link my blog up with yours? I'm at asheff.blogspot.com
Good luck with the new baby that's on his way any minute!
Post a Comment