3/27/09

a little behind

IMG_5651_2


But we have big plans for catching up soon.

Our blog's been suffering while we've been away spending some perfect getaway time here:

AZ-preview1
AZ-preview2

....more photos to come.


Also, Van's been doing a little of this———>

03.06.09
IMG_4195_2


and this———>

03.07.09
van-cereal


and our backyard's been doing a lot of this———>

IMG_4240_2


Remember how I was excited about the first one? Well now we officially have hundreds of the little spring flowers to gloat in as much as we like. Does that make them weeds? If so, I love weeds.

IMG_4253__2
IMG_4251__2

8 comments:

skinners said...

i hope you enjoyed our nice AZ weather! you were just a couple miles from my house - we live north of the temple. crazy!

brionyskerjance said...

those zoo pics are awesome and the flower pics are amazing i'm lovin the depth of field!

angela said...

i know you don't know me, but i just found you through someone else's blog... sorry if that's freaky. i'm just wondering: what kind of camera do you have/use to take your pictures? i love your photography.

Michele said...

You are too cute! That's fun that you went out to AZ- I like that you got a picture of Jon touching the cactus... and Van is following his dad's example, that's pretty funny.

Jaci said...

Melissa-- thank you for leaving me such a nice comment on our blog. You are so sweet. I can totally understand how you and Kami and Allison could be great friends-- a bunch a sweethearts!
I have to admit you cheered me right up today-- I was having a downer day and your comment was so kind.
I also have to say -- girl, YOU are amazing at photography. All of your pics have such interesting depth of field and are perfectly in focus on your subject. Those two techniques are ones that I need help on so badly!
I use a simple Nikon D40 and just the basic lens it came with (Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6G). I want to purchase other lenses but I am making myself 'earn' them by actually understanding photography first! :) I seriously feel like I guess at most of my stuff.
I started shooting in Manual mode for the last couple months and feel like I'm in kindergarten when trying to figure out aperture+shutter speed+ ISO.
I noticed you have incredible indoor shots. What is your secret? Do you have some killer windows? Also, I'd love to hear about your gear and tips for depth of field.
Sorry this is a novel. Please feel free to email me at jaciudy@gmail.com
Thanks!
Jaci "Jackie" :)

Andrea Hatch said...

Melissa! I didn't know you were such an amazing photographer! Beautiful photos, and I look forward to seeing more. : )

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

as always, such great pictures!

Terina said...

WHAT you were in AZ!?!?!?! Oh we were so close!!!