3/3/09

as of late

Today marks 4 months of life with Van, and we can hardly believe how much he's growing up! This week he's started rolling from his back to his stomach, and he's hooked. He loves being able to see something to his side, then roll over to get to it. It's the cutest thing ever and I could probably never bore of watching him do it. He's also getting closer to sucking his thumb (we're crossing our fingers), which apparently is a hard thing to do before Van masters remembering that a thumb is actually supposed to be an 'opposing finger' instead of an extra finger that tucks nicely under all the other ones. If he gets thumb-sucking down, we might pay for it in his future dental records, but we would have won the binky battle and replaced the pacifier with a permanent fixture that he himself can put in his mouth. We might be encouraging thumb-sucking. You might have already gathered that.

Van is also discovering his voice and he's been totally into the loud squealing thing this week. Including in sacrament meeting at church, at which point we had to supress his sounds of happiness with a binky. But we love his loud, happy baby language and the little personality that's showing up with it. He's eating like he thinks a famine is coming right before bedtime, which is partially true for him since he's sleeping 10 hours a night on average (love it!). He's growing back some of the hair that he's lost, thankfully. Jon and I had to give him his first hair cut, which I guess is supposedly a big deal and even I was a little hesitant, but getting rid of the toupe-looking patch on top and the mullet-like gathering on the back was one of the better decisions we've made, and we're pretty proud of it.

4 month stats:

14 lbs 12 oz
16.5 inch noggin
25.5 inches (but I swear he's longer, they're not super careful with length measurements)

healthy.
happy.
l o v e d .

This is mostly a post for grandparents and self-documentation, but so as to not bore any readers further on details of our offspring, how about some photos?


sometimes when I'm watching him or taking pictures of him (the poor kid has his own personal paparazzi on call 24/7) I kind of feel like I'm spying on him in his own little world. The world of mobile animals, nursery songs, and colorful rattles. I hope he doesn't feel like I'm violating his space.
















how cute is this? He LOVES his swing, which we got from one of my coworkers' grandma's basement (thanks Melissa B.). it's gotta be at least 20 years old, and it's perfect for him. I love this photo because it looks like he's waving. :)


















I know I have tons of photos of these two asleep together, but I can't resist. They're so cute!


2 comments:

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Awww... love the picture of them sleeping - how sweet! And congrats on giving him his first hair cut - I hear that's a big step! :)

Lindsay said...

What?? You're actually encouraging the thumb when he willfully takes a binky????????!? Let me tell you, it IS nice not having to fetch a pacifier at all hours of the night, but sometimes I'm wishing I would have pushed the binky more now that I'm dealing with a 3 year old that sucks his thumb like it's going out of style! Much easier to get rid of the bink; can't chop off a thumb!!

As always, Van is cute as can be and he's definitely a healthy boy! Keep up the good work! ;)