Well, at least we can hope that's what it means. I have no doubt that there will be relapses, and this could even just be a very temporary lucky streak, but after looking at my eyes yesterday morning and realizing for the first time in a long time the whites were actually white instead of red, no lubricant drops needed, I was pleased to remember for a moment what it's like to get a full night's sleep.That's right, after more than 3 months of Van wondering who the zombie was that came in to feed him during all inhumane hours of the night, it seems he'd rather go without waking the mom-zombie from her sleep. Tuesday night he slept 9 hours straight, then Wednesday night was 11 hours, and last night was 10.5, so I'm hoping this is a new habit. Believe me, this wasn't easy to get him to do and it's taken serious dedication to a schedule (while still maintaining some flexibility for sanity's sake), patience, and not giving up, but I know many moms who have it much harder when it comes to getting their little ones to sleep through the night, and my props go to them. It's tough, that's as given. So so so worth it, but definitely pushing yourself to the limits (that's a good thing, right?) Every kid is so different, I'm definitely learning that.
So mostly I'd like to give a shout out to Van today for letting me get the whites of my eyes back. What's not to smile about? Even if it only lasts a couple days. Thanks Van man! But if you decide to take this crazy whole-night-sleeping thing and run with it for the long haul, then that's perfectly okay with me, little man. Go right ahead.
6 comments:
Hooray for sleeping through the night!!! Good job, Van! :) This mom-zombie is looking forward to the same event in our house, hopefully happening soon.
We are in Queen Creek too!!!! I think I recall your dad mentioning that Jon had family out this direction too. We'd love to have you come by for a visit! As time gets closer, just keep in touch with me and we'll definitely have to work something out.
Congrats! That's wonderful feeling. Van is such a cute boy.
I'm so jealous!!! Scarlett is 9 months and still up at least 3 times a night.
What a good boy! Sleep is so wonderful. It was really fun to see you guys! Thanks for stopping by!!!!
Oh, I am so glad. Life is so much better when you are getting a good night's rest.
I am going to have to take a few pointers from you on my next kid. I don't know if I did the greatest job of training Ethan to sleep during the first year of his life.
I had to come check out the site after our discussion this weekend. Love the pics- who's the photographer? And so cute stories too! I really like your blog!
Post a Comment