I waited a while to start Van on any bottles, mostly because it was unnecessary, but then Jon and I thought it might be a good idea to get him used to them in case of an emergency (or if we ever actually wanted to do something alone, someday...) so we gave it a try 3 days after Christmas, just before Van hit 8 weeks old. I'd heard or read somewhere that if you don't start your baby on a bottle within the first 4 weeks or so after birth, that chances are the baby might not every take a bottle. Because of that, I was a little nervous that he might not even give it a chance.
We had to try 2 different kinds of bottles, but he was sold on the second one, and for the first time ever, Van got to be fed by his dad. We were so excited, he was pro. I loved watching his little hands try to hold his bottle, it was the cutest thing. And we think he liked it because the view was a lot better than normal--he couldn't stop looking around at everything around the room while he was eating (including right at me). We sure have one curious little kid!

5 comments:
Yea for Van! Yea for dating and leaving the baby with a babysitter and a bottle! If only that sitter could be a grandma -- we know how those long-distance grandmas feel...
Hooray little Van! We'll definitely watch him for you guys if you want to go out sometime. Odie would LOVE that (as would I!)
Man, those are sweet pictures! Good job guys (with the pictures and the baby :) Joel
Yay Van! It's nice to not be soooo depended on allll of the time, right?
Jon, don't pretend like you help with the baby, poser.
Post a Comment