2/6/09

The boy's got skills

Since it's taking me forever to get our photos up from our recent Utah trip (which was also the reason we were MIA in the blog world the last few weeks), I wanted to at least jump in and give an update on Van. He just turned 3 months this week, and it's so fun to see all the new things he's learning. Among the obvious (eating, sleeping, growing like a weed), he's been up to a lot of fun new things that show us small glimpses of his personality.

I can tell you one thing...when this kid figures out how to plant his feet on the floor and hold his body up without looking like his trying to win a hula contest, we are in some serious trouble. I'm pretty sure he's going to take off running and promptly take over every touchable thing in the house, thus throwing our sanity out the back door. He's active, he needs entertained 24/7 and is easily bored, he moves nonstop, loves to stand, hates to be cradled, wants serious attention, and he's already holding his head straight up and rolling over all the time. Thankfully, it also seems like he likes to make us smile, and he has the cutest smile in response, so in the future, I'm sure his little boy smiles will make the inevitable insanity worth it.

Here's what the Van man's been up to...










8 comments:

Lex said...

He's getting so big and not to mention he is B.E.A.utiful!

shells said...

Oh my Hannah Miss Melis!

How GREAT .. no .. how FANTASTIC are those pictures!?!? And how AMAZING is your child? One of a kind that boy!

Tracy and Odie said...

Darling. This kid is just darling.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

And his parents friends!!! That boy is so stinkin cute! And your photography is to die for! And yes it was SO GOOD to see you! Please come and play more!

Cardon & Whitney said...

I can't believe he's 3 months! GEEZ! He is SO SO cute, and getting so big! I just couldn't help but stare at him the whole time during Sunday school today. I need to come play with you guys, or we need to make another museum run (so everyone can ask you if he appreciate's art yet - those wierdo's...)

Laura & Tyson said...

He is adorable! I love the pic where he is staring at his mobile!

baxtersrus said...

Is that really van in the first picture? He sure looks different there. Man, I sure enjoyed being with him for the short time, he is so cute and fun, and I wish I could see him all the time. He's getting big fast! 3 months is the mark where things get a little back to normal, usually, so have fun!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

that is seriously one cute baby!!