2/3/09

Lessons in Life Sciences: Reproduction Chapter














So, remember that real Christmas tree of ours I was so crazy about? So crazy about it that I said we might leave it up all the month of January? Well, it turned out we had a little Charlotte's web issue, and some mother spider decided to plant all her posterity there. After discovering 43 tiny baby spiders on our living room walls, ceiling, and floor in 10 minutes, Jon and I accused the tree as the culprit, and on the very first weekend after Christmas, our tree was ejected from the house as fast as we could strip it of its homemade garlands, unscrew it out of its tipsy treestand ($4, goodwill), and send it out the back door in all its glory to bond with mother nature. We dumped the popcorn and cranberry garlands, vacuumed twice, and sprayed a solid round of Raid to allow any remaining arachnids to soak up the rays.

I realize this is a very late post, but it had to be posted. I'm happy to report that the tree definitely must have been the baby spider home, and with the tree gone, we've been baby spider free. I've never seen a Christmas tree go down so fast all my life, and I'm so glad. Grossest thing ever.

3 comments:

scottandangelle@gmail.com said...

ughhhhhh!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

This cracked me up. And made me super nervous for your little Van and the possibility of baby spider bites (are baby spiders more inclined to attack baby humans?). But mostly it cracked me up.

Generational stitcher said...

yuck...funny since it wasn't me...but just yuck!