2/25/09

protesting winter
























Looks like I'm not the only one hoping for an early out from winter this year, despite our recent typical daytime temperatures in the 30's. I walked outside on my way somewhere with Van a couple days ago, and I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by this ambitious purple flower as ready for warm weather as I am:



















I thought it was the only one, until I saw this:


















and these: (with new grass!)


















and these beauties:

















Red rover, red rover, send springtime on over!!!
I'd be more than happy to wake up to warmness, don flip flops and short sleeves, and let my child stay outside for a few moments more than the regular rushed house-to-car transfer.

Who are we kidding, let's skip spring and head straight for summer. I vote mid-80's. Sunny.

Any takers?


9 comments:

Cardon & Whitney said...

I'm with you!! poor little flower, it doesn't stand a chance in this freezing wind.

Glad I got to see you at lunch the other day, it felt like I hadn't seen you in FOREVER!

Terina said...

Just come visit me!!! It's been BEAUTIFUL lately! In the 80's sunny birds chirping. LOVE IT!!!! Then I can come visit you when it's 110 here and it's like this there! :)

Laura & Tyson said...

Um...YAH! I'm definitely a taker...and totally think the winter is overrated. The only bad thing about summer here is that it's still so humid but I'd take that over the 30's anyday!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

such pretty pictures! I'm with you - will be happy to hang up the old winter coat!

Lex said...

Not to brag but we have had 3 high 70's, low 80's days already, hopefully the weather will be equally nice for when you are here!

Abby said...

I've been saying that for at least a month now. Once the holidays are over spring should begin, followed by a very long summer. I can't wait for the pool, walks outside, and barbecues!

{lex} said...

You, Jon, and Van need to move to Texas then. Today it is 83 and sunny.

brionyskerjance said...

i just have to say i love your header and that pic with the flower popping through all the leaves is rockin!

brionyskerjance said...

Let's see I upload them to flicker, get the HTML code and then I edit it with in the blog from there. I had to edit the code on my blog a bit to allow a bigger amount of posting space (it is quite easy to do) Then from there I worked out what dimensions I wanted my photos to post at, right now the are 700x483 Horizontal and 700x1041 Vertical...I made my posting space 725 to put a little room between the pics and my side column. I can email you step by step directions if you would like...let me know