6/16/08

Kayaking the Potomac with the Morris's

Melissa and I hopped on our beach cruisers and biked on over to Georgetown with our good friends Ashlee and Nate where we rented Kayaks at Joe's (10 bucks per kayak per hour). The weather couldn't have been better, and when Melissa capsized she said the water was pretty nice too.

We weren't expecting the wildlife we saw. Ducks and swans, cool birds in the trees that came inches from crapping right on my mug, a lizard, and about 6 red eared slider turtles, just like Lincoln, but 2 or 3 times bigger, out basking on logs. It was a real treat to see Lincoln's cousins out in the wild. We said "Hi" to them for him (and he said "Hi" back).

Melissa didn't really capsize, I was just kidding. I tried tipping my kayak over and it was harder than I thought it would be. Never did it.













1 comment:

Alexis said...

I remember doing this with you while I was visiting..but it was with canoes...oh the memories!