{some Friday night in April}
(image from sinemag.com)
our reviews: 5 stars. Go. No, really. I was skeptical when I thought of watching a movie of a concert, since the whole reason people go to concerts is to be there in person and, you know, SEE the band. But seriously, if you want to SEE U2, see this. Because there's no way you're gonna get these views in any live concert. You're not going to have Bono in your face or The Edge's guitar in your reach, or have an aerial view 5 feet above the drummer where you can see his tissues and glass of water. You're won't get all the different angles that this awesome videography throws at you.We had SO much fun, and we appreciated the band so much more after that. There's just 4 of them, and they make all that sound on their own. All of it. I always thought it was some crazy synthesized stuff going on in the background, but it turns out it's just the killer lead guitar. Bono really connects with the audience and makes them feel like a million bucks, and I was even happier when we realized the concert used in the movie was in Buenos Aires. Aguante Argentina!!
I think it's awesome that Bono really does want to make the world a better place, and he uses his fame to do just that, at least the best he can. It made me want to go green, build homes in third world countries, and love all religions just for doing the best they can.
(love the "coexist" logo and U2's use of it. The founder of the logo said, "Bono is the Mother Teresa of Rock & Roll", in reference to him doing the most to promote the logo, and therefore the coexistence of all religions).You can tell he loves what he does, and he's soooo good at it. 49 years old, and still rocking out with an amazing voice. And he's got a wicked good lead guitarist. Clearly, I left a bigger U2 fan than I came. (2nd image from http://cvergini.alter vista.org/_altervista_ht/coexist.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment