6/25/09

BYU Ballroom Show

Date #3.
{May 17, 2009}

our reviews: 5 stars. The first number was a little show-choir-y for us, but it got much better after that, with elaborate costumes, ridiculously fast costume changes (lights off, 5 second pause, lights back on with new costumes. Everyone. What??) and amazing dance skills. This has to be their life to remember all that choreography. I especially like the big band swing songs since Jon and I love to go swing dancing, but wow, it's nothing like that. The Pirates of the Caribbean was one of our favorite performances, and the black light one with all the neon costumes was definitely the funniest. I loved any throwing and lifting they did, they make it seem like it's the easiest thing ever. Sure, I can totally do that. You better be practiced up Jon, because I'm ready to fly!

Jon did a lot of swing and ballroom dancing in college, so it was pretty easy for me to recognize where he learned to move his hips like a native when he whips out some latin salsa dancing at home. :) We took my friend Georgia and her fiance Nikone, and Georgia was also a dancer growing up, so they loved it as much as we did. Thanks for coming with us, guys!

(photos from travelfairfieldiowa.com/blog)

No comments: