5/7/09

the ritual continues {cherry blossoms 09}

Just a month ago now (so much for catching up in a timely manner), all life in DC and near MD & VA flocked, as always, to the very essence of spring itself—the Cherry Blossom Festival. Jon and I planned to go in early one morning just like we did last year, and just like last year, we were greeted with cold gray skies and wet misty air. We must have a gift for fending off sunshine. :) We of course had the dude with us and he managed the cold pretty well, mostly grabbing violently at blossoms and trying to suck his fist through his mitten the whole time. Oh how we love a good wet romp through the blossoms.

IMG_5996
IMG_5985-IMG_6049
IMG_5974-IMG_5986
IMG_5968_bw
IMG_5982

Thankfully, however, we were blessed with the lovely company of the Rileys that following weekend, who came down from NYC to join the masses in walking amongst all the pink and white fluffiness. And we're so glad they did, because we needed a re-do without the gloominess. Allison was my roomie in DC now just shy of 3 years ago (wow, time flies) and it was so fun to have her here in DC again with her hubby Noah.

Saturday dawned sunny and warm as ever, with an added bonus of excessive wind. Excessive as in when we were crossing a bridge over the tidal basin it felt like we were going 75 mph on the freeway and decided to stick our heads out the window for fun. Can't. Breathe.

Loved it (but not really at all). We all ended up with some pretty wicked hair to show for our day out on the town.


Go ahead and be jealous now.

IMG_6225


And again now.

IMG_6180

HOT.

In other news, there were blossoms. Which were somehow even more crowd-stopping than our hair. (they were so lovely that no photoshop was required. nada.)

IMG_6241
IMG_6339-IMG_6316


Our lovely house guests.
IMG_6310-IMG_6184
**I only made the photo to the right black and white so that you wouldn't have to see the ugly brown-ness of the Potomac. Believe me, you didn't want to see it.


IMG_6236

IMG_6240-IMG_6246

IMG_6257


The man eating on the go.
IMG_6336-IMG_6322

IMG_6254

We could almost just roll him up into a ball and take a big bite out of him he's so cute.
IMG_6296

With Allison and Noah in town we also made sure to take them to DC's newest monuments since they were here last, so after a trip to the Air Force Memorial and the Pentagon Memorial, their trip was complete. Please come again!
IMG_6394


I love this photo {below} of me & Allison...it's just missing Ashlee, Kami, and Mindy! We were able to have Kami over one night while Noah and Jon were at priesthood, and we had so much fun chatting like ladies do (we didn't take a picture with her!! so sad!). But we missed our other 2 roomies!! All I have to say is Virginia Beach, ladies. May it live forever. :)
IMG_6398


And thanks again Al & Noah for making the trip down! We had so much fun, you better believe we'll be heading your way soon for a repeat weekend with the Rileys!

IMG_6407

5 comments:

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Beautiful pictures as always!

The Littlefields said...

The funniest thing, Noah and Allison were in our ward before they moved to NYC. We were there for a few weeks and only had a chance to talk to them for a minute one week and then they were gone for good but a little ironic. The world sure is small in the Church.

The Robertsons said...

I went to High school with Noah, thats so crazy, what a small world we live in.

kallina said...

ooooo these are beeeutiful! I'm druling :)

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Ah, that's a good friend that just posts the flattering pictures. Thanks for picking the ones I would have picked :).

We sure adore you guys! Thanks again for the great weekend - I'm still basking in the loveliness (whenever I get stressed, I just close my eyes and I'm being blown off the bridge... er, soaking in the blossoms). And I'll have you know the picture of us that you said "that one's going to be good!" IS good and it's framed in our home now.