Since we live in a basement apartment, that doesn't leave much room for bright-lit festivities on the outside, so just so you know that we're cozy and un-scroogey on the inside, here's some of our humble Christmas get-up, including our very own first real tree, its ornament-less yet shameless manner of sporting popcorn and cranberry garlands, (homemade mostly by Jon, he did an awesome job), Christmas goodies, presents and tiny stocking for our little one, and our bitty little nativity scene from Argentina, reminding us of the real reason for the season. It really all comes and goes too quickly––I think our tree might hang out with us for a couple more weeks just to hold onto the season for a little longer. And to avoid the work of taking everything down when it seems like we just got it up. Plus the lights on the tree work as an amazing distraction for Van for hours. :)






2 comments:
Hey Melissa,
You haven't met me yet, I'm Jon's uncle. I just wanted to say that I love your photos. The one of the nativity is probably my favorite. I am so glad you guys are getting to see D.C. We loved it back there and at times wish we were still there...Anyway, take care, and maybe we will get to meet you and Van someday...
Gery
I LOVE that you guys put popcorn on your tree. I always try to convince my fam that we need to do it (I remember stringing it vividly as a kid), but I always give in to their excuses not to. I am TOTALLY doing it next year! Bring on the popcorn!
Post a Comment