The night before Christmas Eve, we wanted to go to the Festival of Lights again to hear the violin performance of Jenny Oaks Baker, so we bundled the dude in his white snowsuit, braved the cold, and joined the masses at the Visitor's Center that night. The concert was amazing (well, at least the 1.5 songs I was in there for, instead of out in the hall consoling Van, were amazing. Looks like our days Mr. sleep-through-everything are officially over. And we never even took advantage of it to go to a movie with him!) and the turnout was impressive--she agreed to do a 3rd concert that night just to satisfy the lines.
Afterward we walked around outside for maybe 10 minutes max--that's all we could stand in the cold, especially with little Van--to check out the lights and take some pics. Jon sure knows how to rock depth of field with the Canon! And our little baby was so fascinated with the lights that even in freezing temperatures, he still wanted to lift his cute little polar bear head and stare at every glowing orb in sight. It made his poor little eyes water to stare at them in the cold though, so we bailed quick to keep all our suffering to a minimum. And plus there was hot chocolate back home calling our names...





3 comments:
Hey Melissa,
He is getting so big. Can't wait to see you guys next week. Hope you and Van continue to get feeling better. See you soon.
Love,
Ann
Missy Miss!!
I am glad you blogstocked a little!
Your baby is GEORGEOUS! I am so so happy for you. And thanks for the well wishes. :)
I am in Pocatello which is in Idaho :) Its where Dana is from actually. We are getting married in the fall and I am excited. How is DC?
These pictures rock! Van's little snow suit is soooo cute.
Hey I'll make sure we make some time for a little family photo shoot, that would be great!
Post a Comment