As you can see, our son already has his own clothing line...Van was born on November 3rd, just in time to see the first black president of the USA. Melissa began to progress quickly on Sunday and by 5:30am on Monday we were on our way to the hospital, by foot. We checked into the hospital at 6:06am and Van came at 8:25am. He weighed in at 7 pounds 6 ounces, and measured 20.5 inches long. Just hours later Melissa's mom arrived in DC from Utah, and we're grateful to have her teach us the ways of the wise mother. Did I mention yet that Melissa gave birth 100 percent natural! She is one tough woman I'll just say that much. It was AMAZING to watch Van's birth, and it's amazing to stare at him all day too. I'm excited to be the father of this beautiful little kid. The hospital has everyone stay for 2 days so we came home from the hospital today, which is his due date. It's great to have him home, he's SOOOOOOO cute!
A few of my favorite things about the dude...
1. He snorts like a pig, and I love pigs.
2. His face changes shape constantly, and he makes a great pouty face.
3. He's very aware of everyone in the room, I lost in a staring competition with him already.
4. He got me out of 2 weeks of work :)
5. His tight little buns can't be rivaled.
6. He smells like roses...most the time.
7. He's real cute, just like Melissa.
8. His bottom lip quivers when he cries.
9. He wants to play football when he's older.
10. He likes when MELISSA changes him :)
...What a kid. We both look forward to many stinky diapers ahead.







37 comments:
Congrats! Van is beautiful!
Congratulations....he is adorable and Melissa you are a brave women. By the way, my children always liked it better when Daddy changed their diapers!
he's such a boy! but I do have to say that I think he looks more like Melissa at the same time. I'm so happy for you!
Oh, and my nephew snorted like a pig and the dr said it meant something was occluding his breathing and gave him some drops or something and it went away so you might want to ask your pediatrician about that.
Congrats again! He's so perfect!
What cute pouty lips!!
Congratulations, Melissa and Jon!
Melissa, you are my hero for going natural!!
Darling name, too.
He's a stud you guys and we love the name...it fits him perfectly. Having kids really is the best and we are so excited for you two to find out what we mean if you haven't already! Congrats!
P.S. I'm pretty sure #9 is one of Shane's favorite things about Max too :)
Congratulations, you guys! Melissa, he looks JUST like you. Way cute!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is absolutely beautiful!
Congrats Mel and Jon! I am so happy for you. He is adorable.
woo! CONGRATS! Melissa you a SUCH A TROOPER! I knew you would end up walking to the hospital :) He is ADORABLE, and I love the name. Let me know if you need anything!
Congrats you guys! He is adorable!
What a cute post! I love John's comments! so cute! The name Van is cute too! Melissa, I can't believe you are a MOM!!!
He is so CUTE!!! Congratulations!
Oh you guys are the cutest little family. We're so happy for you! LOVE all the pictures!!! Looks like your new camera is treating you well! :)
I just can't stop looking at those pictures! he is a beautiful baby. Love the pics of him in the blue outfit and the b/w pic. You look so good Melissa! hope you're doing well.
Love the pictures! I am so excited about the new little baby - he's adorable. Best wishes to you both, I know you'll enjoy every moment. Hey, love the shoes.... I'll take credit for his name :). It's great.
love julie and fam
Way to go Missa!! You look pretty great in those pictures and to think you did it without drugs. Good for you. I think your nuts...but good for you!
Van is really cute...you can't say that about most newborns..but he really does look great!
I hope you get the little lip quiver on tape....They out grow some of their new born tricks so fast!
I'd love to see him! Call me when you come out to Utah!
Congratulations!! I have to echo Ali -- I can't believe you're parents! It looks like everything went perfectly. I can't wait to meet VAN!
Congrats! Cute name, cute pics. And I love those Vans.
Melissa you did it naturally, you are AMAZING!! Van is so absolutely adorable, and I love the name. Congratulations to you guys, you will be awesome parents. I agree that he looks a lot like melissa.
holy smokes that's some great baby..
allie and i are happy for you three, love the name, love the shoes, love the awesome photos... good depth-of-field on those. (i'm just trying to say stuff others haven't said already)
We're glad you are all healthy, now the fun begins! Should he marry violet or what?
Yay!! Congrats to Melissa and Jon! I heard the news from my mom (from Charla) and was anxiously waiting for pictures! And pioneer woman Melissa- way to go!!!!!! I think he looks a bit like a Sorensen in the second to last picture. Welcome to parenthood! I know it will suit you well.
BTW, what lens do you use on your camera? I admire your photography skills!
SO cute!! Let us know if you bless him out here! He's so cute~
I've been checking everyday to see if you had posted pics. yet. He's so cute!
Gosh, Melissa's lucky to have you, Jon! Way to be a good dad!
WE are thrilled for you. That little Van could not be more lucky to have you as parents! We love you guys, and miss having you around!
Hi Melissa! Congratulations. He is beautiful. More power to you for that all natural thing.
Yay! He looks like a cute little man! Melissa, you look BEAUTIFUL in all your pictures, and after a natural birth! Wow! I want to talk soon and hear all about little Vanigan!
HE is amazing. Congratulations. You guys look like seasoned parents already. And Van is an awesome name.
Precious pictures, and what a perfect little guy. We're thrilled for you! Congrats! What a perfect combination of you two. He's adorable! Great name too. Enjoy those newborn moments, he'll be running before you know it. Take care!
Congrats, you guys! He's a handsome little man. Glad he made it safe and sound. He's got good parentals. We can't wait to meet him.
Wow...love the name. Congrats again...he looks so cute.
whoa-- looks just like your home teacher Jon. weird. congrats to the three of you. welcome to the world of having somebody that poos in his pants be the king of your world, master of the house, and the reason we make the decisions we do. all three of you look very handsome and beautiful. xoxoxoxo- jesse, lindy, finn
What a cute guy! Congrats!
Congratulations Mommy Melissa! I am SO excited for you! He is B.E.A.U. tiful!
congrats and melissa - you look so good for having just had a baby! he is adorable, love the name van, and absolutely love the black and white pic of him. i am jealous of your photography abilities. if only i could capture such cute pictures of my kids! hope you are feeling well and getting some sleep!
YEAH! I love the name and he is really a handsome baby! Go Melissa with the no medication! I did that with my first and then opted for the epidural with Max and that kind of pain is the kind you cant ever forget...its worth it though :) You look beautiful! Good luck with recovery! I am super excited for you guys...you'll be very fun fantastic parents!
Congratulations! I've been waiting, obviously not in as much anticipation as you two, but waiting none the less. Yay!
Post a Comment