11/11/08

Van's DC Debut

After our stroll at Hains Point, we parked near the Jefferson monument and walked around the Tidal Basin to the FDR memorial and got to see some pretty amazing colors around the monuments. We also got some of our first dusk/evening shots of the monuments––something we hope to get a lot more of in the future. This was Van's first trip to the District, and he of course slept through the whole thing. We're pretty sure he's going to end up a great traveler like his parents. And it looks like he also inherited our ability to sleep anytime, anywhere (if this holds up past his I'm-still-a-newborn-and-I-love-the-womb stage, we'll be thrilled; although we may be known to poke and prod him in his sleep because we love playing with him when he's awake).








11 comments:

kallina said...

What beautiful beautiful pictures! ohh I love them. Melissa you look like you never had a baby! We're excited to see you guys in a few months!

Dave and Alisha said...

Great pictures!! Congrats on the new baby, he looks like a keeper.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Your pictures all look so amazing!! I loved your halloween costumes!!! And MELISSA you Look AMAZING!!! I can't even believe that you just had a baby!! I am so impressed with all your artistic pictures!!

nick and julie said...

I LOVE it there!!! So beautiful. What an amazing place. julie

Dana said...

Congrats! YOu have a beautiful baby. My boy turned 1 on November 3rd. We love that day! Congrats again and enjoy the ride of parenthood!

Rachel said...

Your baby is beautiful and so are your pictures! I love it when you post! It inspires me to figure out how to use my camera. :D

Lindsay said...

Um, Melissa, you look WAY to good for just having a baby one week ago!!!!! And I seriously could look at your pictures all day long! Beautiful!! Van is obviously not going to have a shortage of documentation in his life. ;)

kallina said...

Wow! Those are amazing pictures. I can't believe the leaves are that sweet looking. And the dusk shots are so cool. That's probably my favorite kind of picture. Good job Jon, Melissa, and Canon. Oh, and the soft water shot is rad. We've been wanting to go up the canyon and take some like that, but just haven't yet. Joel

The Adventures of Jakers said...

Dang Missa! You look great! All of these pictures are amazing! I'm trying to convince Ice to make a trip out there for a visit. He's not really into the whole sightseeing, so it's kinda a hard sell.

baxtersrus said...

Wow! That makes me so sad that Julie and I missed the leaves by so little time. They are so pretty!!! It's fun to see pictures and know exactly where you are at! Wish I was there again, especially to see the cute little guy!

Shelece & Josh said...

Congrats Melissa he is so handsome!