8/7/08

It's official...we're moving!

After 6 weeks or more of painful apartment searching (as noted in previous American Dream post), we have indeed been blessed and found something that fits our needs, our budget, and our liking. I knew (or I at least hoped somethin' fierce) that this day would come, and we're so grateful it did. The deal we're getting is unheard of here and nothing short of a real-life miracle for us.

This week we signed a 6-month lease starting Sep. 1st for a 2-bedroom basement apartment in a neighborhood that's perfect for us. Unfortunately it means a change of ward (and stake), but we are excited for the move and feel really good about it. It's actually just over 5 miles from where we live now, so we'll still get to keep in close contact with our friends, which we're happy about. The apartment will need some definite touches to give it that home-y feeling, but Jon and I are up to it and excited to make a new place our own.

'Making it our own' will imply, among other things, locating a bunch of furniture since we currently own nothing. So if you happen to be dying to get rid of an extra bed, couch, kitchen table, chairs, or anything of the sort, we'd be more that willing to take them off your hands! :) Otherwise, I'm off to craigslist again to do what I do best--bargain shop. As soon as we have the place up and running, we'll be sure to invite everyone over to visit, and now we'll even have room for you!!

11 comments:

baxtersrus said...

congratulations! That's always fun to move to a new apartment, especially if it's an upgrade. Chad and I get just a little better with each move. Now I will have to come out and see you. Chad's mom says she will give me a buddy pass to come out and see you. Maybe I can one day. And you might even have an extra spot on the floor for me and Jayci now! Good luck in you moving endeavors, that's always an adventure! Chad and I have done it 3 times, not including our first apartment.

Terina said...

Congrats! I'm so happy you guys found something that will work so well for you! I was reading through my journal from CT the other day. It sure made me miss you! I miss you deep thinking and happy self! Oh and I miss your guys!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I am so sad and happy for you at the same time! We better still play when we get back! Miss you!

Our Paper Plates said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see the new pad :)

julie and nick said...

WOW! How exciting. I am happy for you guys. Can't wait for pictures and more info. Im really wishing wishing wishing we can come visit in October. I need a buddy pass and a babysitter... Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

The above comment of "Nick said" was really "Julie said" - If I could get this all figured out..... Im sure we'll be calling Jon for more Blog expertise. For now I'll be anonymous. Anyway, Nick loves you too!

Julie said

Laura & Tyson said...

How Exciting! Let us know if you need any help with the move. It will be fun for you to decorate!!
~Laura

Generational stitcher said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Good Luck with everything!

kallina said...

Thats awesome you guys! I bet thats a big weight lifted off your shoulders. can't wait to see pics of your new place! We love you!

kallina said...

Thanks guys for the nice comments on the blog! I'm never sure weather I should comment back on my blog or your blog...if anyone knows the correct blog etiquette please let me know :)
Hey Melissa! I miss you guys too! Hopefully one of these days we can come visit you, or you guys will move back out here ;)
Hey I forgot to mention one very awesome thing in my post!!! We bought these bug bomb things from Wal-Mart that worked wonders for the basement! I am sooooo greatful for them! you just set them off and then they spray like this bug killing mist in the house that has killed all our spiders! We've only seen once since we used them and I feel so much safer! I definitely recomend them since you're moving to a basement. THe only bad thing is that the spiders die and then you find them all shriveled up randomly throughout the house. Better dead than alive though right?
Thanks for the tip Jon, I"ll try to remember the huge size difference when I try to kill one next :). sorry this is so long! holy cow.

Julie said...

BOOOO!