5/4/10

firetrucks are a lot cooler from far away

At least that seems to be Van's consensus. A couple months ago someone in the ward put together a big playdate at the closest Fire Station, and I jumped on the opportunity because Van LOVES firetrucks and had been imitating their sounds for months. I thought for sure he would be the happiest kid on the planet to see them up close and personal!

But the kid started screaming the second I put him in the driver's seat. I guess they were a lot bigger than he thought! He liked watching the fireman demonstrate putting on his gear, and then his attention span was spent and he was ready to run. This is the Van we know and love.

van-firestation-3.4-1
van-firestation-3.4-3
van-firestation-3.4-4
van-firestation-3.4-5

It turns out the back of the firetruck is just as scary as the front. All tears!
van-firestation-3.4-2

What does he really want in life? To play with dirt, rocks and sticks. He was much happier there than on his fancy playdate. There's nothing better than getting little toddler hands dirty outside!
van-firestation-3.4-6

No comments: