2/3/10

seconds

2.3.10 post_seconds.indd


So if this guy was a first serving...
IMG_8452-Edit

...then we clearly wouldn't be able to resist going back for seconds. NO. WAY.

Second scoop due to arrive approximately
July 21, 2010!


:)



for the curious...
  • no, I haven't been sick at all, except for a bout with food poisoning. boo.
  • yes, I'm VERY grateful for having yet another "I feel totally normal" pregnancy without any sick days (or afternoons, or nights...). I know it's a rare blessing!
  • yes, we're going to find out what we're having. In just 4 weeks! (I'm 16 weeks now)
  • no, we don't care what it is. We totally think it's a girl, but wouldn't be surprised if it were a boy, and we'd be ecstatic either way.
  • no, hopefully we will not be waiting until the babe's 2 days old to name the poor thing (like Van!)
  • yes, I'm starting to show. Good thing we're finally announcing this to avoid awkward questions! (such as, "I know she hasn't run a DAY since the marathon...but seriously?")
  • yes, it was planned, and we don't think the timing could be more perfect! Van will be just over 21 months older than the newbie.
  • no, we shouldn't be walking to the hospital this time since we discovered the free parking for mothers in labor (could it really have been that easy?)
  • yes, I will most likely be opting for the help of modern medication this time. thankfully!
  • and no, we're not nervous to bump our family up a notch. We are SOOOO excited! Yes, Van is a complete ball of crazy energy and we'll definitely have our hands full, but he's so incredibly fun right now that the more we see of him the more we can't wait to have another! We could not be happier to have another little one on the way, and Van's going to love having someone to hang out with besides his boring parents. :)

36 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

Congratulations!!!!! That is so exciting for you & Jon! I'm betting you are having a girl since you aren't that sick this time. ; )

I'd love to get the contact info of your friends, especially the one at Penn State. My email is andreamarie123@gmail.com!

Thanks!!

Laura & Tyson said...

YAAAY! Congratulations you guys! How fun, and awesome, and neat, and exciting. Wow number two. Cool. I'm excited to find out what you guys are having. Keep us updated :)

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Oh my gosh... you two... Who is the world can honestly wait 16 weeks without telling anyone!! (well, almost anyone).

I am so very happy for both of you and can't wait to see what July brings!

Now since we haven't seen you in person in forever, bring on the pictures of the baby bump, I want to see!!

Kari said...

Yay! Congratulations!! When I was reading your last post, I thought to myself, "I wonder when they'll have another baby." I can't wait to find out what you're having!

Abby said...

Wow congratulations! That's great news. I think having two so close together will be tons of fun--they'll be little playmates!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Woo-hoo!! I can hardly handle how much I love that little Van, so number two shows a lot of promise. Turns out I totally adore the parents, so huh... go figure :).

You are such wonderful parents, can't wait for number two to be so lucky. Love you three!

Chelsea said...

Hooray! I knew it...a blogging famine almost always indicates a pregnancy. :) Very exciting...kids are fun, aren't they? And thanks for all your nice compliments on my blog. Always nice to get a self-esteem boost. :)

Rachel said...

Yeah! Congrats!!

elyse said...

Jon and Melissa!! Congratulations! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see you on Sunday and say Congrats in person! What great news!!!

Julie said...

congrats, you will love having two, we want baby bump photos!

Unknown said...

What a great announcement! Congrats you two!

Kristen said...

Very creative announcement idea. Congratulations, too. That's awesome. Van will love to have a sibling - boy or girl - although I am a little biased toward girls.

julie and nick said...

clever! So cute! and yummy...
congratulations - publicly. Good luck and best wishes.
ps I suggest walking to the hospital again (it's unique and questionable), and sticking with the good decision to be properly medicated during delivery ~ so much easier on Jon :)

julie and nick said...

pss- not surprised about number 2, but I'll know you're really serious when you go for sixths and sevenths.

Lex said...

SO glad we got to catch up the other day!
It has made me miss you more and more but I am definitely looking forward to a possible visit this year.
Congrats to you and Jon and I am so very excited to see baby #2.

Love your guts miss you tons etc etc...

andrea said...

Congrats! that's so exciting!

Alex said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! That is so exciting! You'd be great parents to a boy or girl, and you already are amazing parents to Van :)! Yayy! I was so excited when I read this!!

Tracy and Odie said...

this is beyond exciting! hooray for your darling little family. now we really need to get together to celebrate!!!

Ty, Steph, Bris, Big T said...

OMG! I am SOOOOO excited for you! I just want to cry. I think that I will...

Allison said...

hey! I just saw your comment on my blog - thanks! AND, Congrats to YOU!!

That Van is very cute btw.

Alexis said...

Woot woot...congrats! I ran into someone who knew you from the mission...just can't remember his name...oops.

skinners said...

congrats! you WILL have your hands full but it is SO much fun. {madi and grace are 21 months apart and it has been awesome.} and just wait, van will seem so old, overnight. congrats again!!

Steven and Erika said...

Yeah! Congratulations on the news! yep we weirdos catch up on your blog every now and then and its good to see the cute pics of Van and to read up on your adventures. Max and our New Sam are 18m apart and they will be the best of pals making huge messes and getting into all sorts of trouble and although it makes us moms crazy sometimes...i agree...its super fun!

Jessica said...

Hooray Hooray! Enjoy these last few months alone with Van. Sigh. I miss the simplicity of those days.

Brooke said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see more pictures. I am totally in love with your blog-- you are sooo clever!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Oh you guys - I'm so excited for you!! (And now, Melissa, that conversation we had recently about being pregnant makes much more sense!). Congratulations again - wahoo!

Michele said...

Whoa congratulations!! I realized after you commented on my blog that I haven't even checked yours in a while and little did I know- our baby boy's gonna have a cute cousin just 2 months younger! Yay!! That is exciting.

Thank you so much for your comment too- I can't even remember the last time I saw you (I'm pretty sure it was your 'homecoming'?) and I'm trying to convince Preston that we need to take a trip back East!!! And then we can just head up and see Jami while we're over there. :) Anyway congrats again and I sure do love ya! I'm excited to know if it's a boy or girl!

shamers said...

congratulations! so excited for all three of you!

Jaci said...

I am soooooo happy you left a comment on my blog so that I could remember to pop in here and read your news! Congrats!!! That is so very exciting!
The pic of Van in this post is adorable too! Why do we not live by each other and be buds? I think we could be a pretty good low-key pair. :)
Hope you keep feeling great! Congrats! I think I'm adding you to my sidebar so I remember to peek in more often. Hope that's okay. ;)

Jill T said...

MELISSA!!!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you and your family!!!! Little Smith and Pearl can be friends! They may even be in the same grade if we decide to hold Pearl back which is very likely. Hope the rest of the fam is doing well! We sure miss you! Thanks for checking in on our blog!

The Adventures of Jakers said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm really thrilled for you and can't wait to see the new little one. I'm glad you're feeling well Miss!

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you finally announced!! I hear through the family grapevine last month. Congrats!!! I'm jealous. ;)

Cardon & Whitney said...

HOORAY!! congratulations you guys that is so exciting!!!

Robin Mott said...

Congrats Jon and Melissa! You make the best parents, and general all-around best married couple.

Elise said...

Can't be more excited for you guys!!! If your kids to come are anything like Van, then yeah, I could definitely see you wanting seconds, thirds...tenths? :)

Jaylee Draney said...

Firstly - Hey Melissa! I like to respond via email to comments I get, and I don't have your email address. Shoot me a note sometime so I'll have it for the future: jaylee@draney.com

Secondly - Anywhoo, thanks for your awesome, ego-boosting comment. I always find it funny that people laugh at my posts because after I've finished typing it out, it's lost all humor to me (I had to look up ROTFL; Jon must be a bit hipper than me).

Thirdly - The snow was in Payson. It's been a balmy 60 degrees here in the valley.

Fourthly - Your son is flippen cute. He's grown so much since you've been out here.

Fifthly - Congrats on the upcoming addition to the fam.

Sixthly - Clint and I want to make a trip up to Cedar to visit with Grandma and your parents. If you're thinking about visiting, shoot me a note and maybe we can coincide it.

Lastly - I heart you too.