Jon and I were able to stay for a couple days with this cute family that I love, and it was so fun to see how the kids are just the same, only bigger. They have the same little personalities I knew before! They made us this cute banner to welcome us there, and they were especially happy to find out that the old chinese man that mistakenly came to their house earlier that day delivering flowers to the wrong address was not in fact my husband. Apparently Will, upon seeing the errant flower deliverer, reported to his parents that "Jon's ugly!" Good news, Will, it turns out Jon is quite the looker. :) They were super hospitable, and I was so happy to have Jon meet them and spend time with them. They're so great, I've missed the whole family. And NY/CT area--it's sooo beautiful.
How ironic to spend my first pseudo-Mother's Day in the house where I first gained the skills and experiences that made me so excited to be a mom someday. Jon's so sweet and he celebrated with me, and he also made me try my darndest to stick my belly out for special effect in the photo. Funny, I don't really have to try 3 weeks later. :)
As a sidenote, it was also so fun to go the the New Canaan ward that Sunday, where we got to meet our good friend Rachel Allen's parents, and we found out her dad was my ward's high councilman when I was in 'the nanny ward'! Such a small world. And lucky duck Jon got to be taught his priesthood lesson by Glenn Beck, and let's be honest, who doesn't want that?



4 comments:
happy mother's day (extremely late) melissa! you look absolutely beautiful. can't wait to see more pregnant belly pictures as time goes on :)
Hey, I remember visiting them when Maegan and I came to see you in New York. They look the same, just a little older. It looks like you had a fun get-a-way!
Hi, my name is Melissa and I'm beautiful, the end. You look gorgeous mom to be just thought i'd let you know!!!
Oh my goodness! I can not believe how big little Will is! They are both so big! Wow! I'm jealous you got to visit your kiddos! And Happy Mothers Day (a lot late!)
Post a Comment