12/19/07

Ward Christmas Party


The Ward titled our Christmas party "A Night in Bethlehem", and thus invited us all to don our best Bethlehemite apparels. Jon was thought by the committee to be a great candidate for a Roman Soldier, and thus volunteered for the part. Free costume for him. Us being a non-bathrobe kind of family, and not being clever enough to think of some cheap material we could use for a headress of sorts for me, Jon insisted I wear the tropical-stripe "towel for two" beach towel strapped onto my head. So I just sucked it up and went as the oh-so-untrendy Bethlemita. Fortunately, the peeps in our Bethlehem didn't seem to be judgmental. Jon made a poor little 2-year-old boy cry when he tried to put him in "jail", I whipped up our names in some sweet Hebraic calligraphy, and we went home grateful that we don't really have to make our own sandals nowadays, or Jon would be wearing his hand-crafted cardboard-and-twine flip-flop getup every day to work.

No comments: