8/12/10

home

There's nothing like bringing a little newbie home to stay, especially when there's a cute little boy just dying to hold her, hug her, kiss her and say hi to her over and over and over (if you know Van, you wouldn't expect anything less. The overexcited, super-friendly, in-your-face, Van "hi!!!" is the cutest thing ever, and it's also quite possibly the most overused thing ever. But we love it!).

It's been so much fun to see him be so sweet with Lila. He's never once done anything to hurt her on purpose, and while we know that can't last long (or he wouldn't rightfully be a big brother) we're eating it up while it lasts. We're so excited to see them grow up together!

holding10

holding11

holding8

holding5

holding4

The holding process. It starts out by Van looking all innocent and reaching out his arms toward the baby while saying "me hold it," quickly followed be the look of triumph for getting to hold her.
holding1

Then he'll usually plant a kiss on her head and it's soooo cute. But then he promptly decides he's done about 2 seconds later, and it looks like he hasn't tactfully learned how to express that yet, because he just suddenly drops flat onto his back and starts wriggling out from under her in order to escape.
holding2

love this boy.
holding9

holding3

the crazy sleep smile
holding14

life with 2 kids. Looks like we're about to become master multi-taskers by default.
holding6

holding7

doing what newborns do best...and we're always game for any excuse to get some extra shut-eye.
sleeping1

sleeping7

sleeping5

sleeping6

sleeping2

sleeping3

holding13

One of our favorite photos ever. This is Van yelling "i doked!" (meaning = I'm stoked!")
i.m.stoked

12 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Loving these updates! And I LOVE your place! Orange chair?! Hello, darling.

Dave and Alisha said...

Congrats on the new baby, she's adorable!

Elise said...

I was hoping we'd all see her soon! And she doesn't disappoint...what a beautiful baby! Having a girl is so fun and even more fun is seeing your first child with a sibling. Looks like Van is mastering his big brother duties. Glad everything went well. And I can sympathize with your bloated feet...I had cankles to boot with Max. It sucks! Glad they're back to normal!

Jessica said...

OK, your baby, she's cute. Her name, it rocks. Your house, it aint looking like a basement. Your orange accent chair, I want one.

Lindsay said...

Soooo many good photos!! One of my faves is the one of Jon on the couch. Your kids' lives are very well documented! I have to wonder.... how many pictures do you guys take in a month? ;)

Mr. Smith said...

You guys have some cute kids! Good work there. We can't wait to see you next week!!

Alex said...

Okay, these pictures are all amazingly cute! Especially the first one. What a good older brother! :) Btw, love the color of your living room...so cute!

skinners said...

so cute! lila is adorable and how fun to see van as a big brother. doesn't it make him seem so grown up? hope you're getting some sleep!

Camille and Paul said...

Yeah! I have been looking forward to this update and little lila is so so precious! I love the pictures of you with your two little sweethearts! I am so happy for you. Congratulations and please keep the pictures coming, it is so fun to see how they grow! :) We just found out a few weeks ago we are having a girl too and it is fun to see Van as the "big brother." I am looking forward to that with Jackson and hoping it goes well, too.

scottandangelle@gmail.com said...

Congrats! She is so darling. Wow - what a beautiful family!!!

... said...

She is beautiful! I can't believe how bg your little boy is either! Congrats!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

oh - sweet little Van! He's grown up so much! Love the pictures of your new house! I'm glad that you got a bigger place, but we sure do miss you over here in our neck of the woods.