7/3/08

What happens when you wait too long to go grocery shopping, and other such evidences of our frugality

This morning I seriously had water, pudding, and a hamburger bun for breakfast. Does anyone else see something wrong with that? So gross. All I have to say is that it was a good thing we had a barbecue for Jon's birthday and that we got the leftover hamburger buns, or I'd be starving. And the pudding was leftover filling for the cake--thanks again to the party. If not for the party remains, I'm almost positive I would have busted out the 72 hour kit. Isn't this the kind of crisis we should be using these things for?? (Mom, don't be concerned, this isn't a common occurrence, it's actually a first. And I'm going straight to the grocery store after work.)

On a funny side note, I just have to share a conversation I had with Jon yesterday. I was on the phone with him in the morning before he left for work, and I heard him say "whoops," so of course I inquired what happened, and he said, "I'm using your toothbrush." After my initial grossed out reaction, 5 seconds later I asked if he put it back, and he said, "No! You can't just go wasting toothpaste like that!" So you can all rest assured that not only are we frugal, we are also creative in finding new forms of bonding in our marriage. I just tried to completely forget our conversation from the morning the best I could when it came time for me to brush my teeth last night before bed.

2 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

You crack me up! We've been there before...for me it's sheer lazy...I hate going to the store. Life happens :) I hate the thought of the tooth brush thing too...married or not :)

Terina said...

That is awesome! The first time I accidently used Brent's toothbrush was a mile stone for sure! ha ha