3/10/08

Road Trip to Philadelphia (Mar. 1, 2008)

Melissa and I took a weekend road trip to Philadelphia because I've never been there and because my cousin Tom Wakefield's son Adam had a birthday party the Sunday that we were there (happy birthday Adam!). We stayed at the Wakefield's place the night we were there.

The Wakefield's were great tour guides for us ALL day Saturday, they knew their way around and all the tricks of Philly (like picking up tickets to Constitution Hall early), and they have such a cute family, it was great to hang out with them for the weekend, so thanks for everything Tom and Heather. Check out their Blog.

We had way too many photos to post on our blog from this trip, so we threw 39 into the slide show at the bottom of this post, so you don't miss out on all the great pictures.









11 comments:

skinners said...

melissa- it's so fun to read about what you guys are up to back east. and lincoln - love the turtle!

Taryn said...

i love the long shadow photo... so creative.

Generational stitcher said...

It was SO fun having you guys! You are welcome ANYTIME! Speaking of which...we got flyers tickets...Tom'll email you tonight with details so you can see if you can twist it. :) I love the pictures! Thanks for coming!!

Lex said...

I never realized how tall you two were! Ha Ha Seriously though I love that last shadow picture

... said...

I am so glad you found us! It looks like you guys are doing good out there! I would love to live on the east coast there is so much out there to see!!! Lucky YOU!!!

Lindsay said...

You guys are so cute and have the most awesome pictures! How fun that you are able to see all these places!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I have been meaning to leave a comment for a while. First of all, the insights on painting... so funny, and i completely agree with all of them. I think we had very similar painting experiences. And i loved that you made milanesas. i sill refuse to eat them because of the extra caloric intake. And furthermore, i love the trip to phily and all the pics. Any all of your pics on line are freaking amazing! You two have some photography talent that is for sure! Anyways, i hope to see you two on Sunday!

Elise said...

You two are always going to the coolest places! I've always wanted to sink my teeth into a genuine philly cheese steak...mmmm. At least I have your pictures to get me there. Thanks guys.

M said...

We need to visit Philly one of these days. My little brother's mission is Philly and he said if I visited him, he would be excommunicated. So I don't think he really wants to see me. I think he's in Delaware now, though so the coast is clear. I'll have to talk to you before I go.

mckenzie said...

hey jon! it's mckenzie. i just found you from my sister's blog. looks like you're havin' a blast out there. we're hoping med school might bring us that direction, but as of now we're just hoping to get in at all. just thought i'd say hi.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Hey i just sent you an email to your sorensen gmail account to talk about the trip to Bermuda.