2/4/08

Half-Mast in Honor of the Beloved Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley (27 Jan 2008)

This a photo of the flag at half-mast at the Washington DC temple, the day after President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away. We're excited that President Hinckley and his wife are once again united, but as for our house, it's been a tough week coming to realize how much we're going to miss that extraordinary man. We love President Hinckley very much, and we'll NEVER forget him and his great legacy.

We've also posted a video clip that we love by CNN anchorman Glenn Beck, an LDS convert, giving his own tribute to the prophet.






8 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

SWEET header! I love it! Did you two create it with your wicked good skills?!

Terina said...

That was so beautiful and touching. Thank you for shairing!

Maren Richards said...

This is completely off blog-topic, but I love your new header :)

Oh, and I love GBH too, thanks for the sweet post!

Hahaha, just read Allison's comment. I guess I could have just said, "ditto."

Julie said...

love your blog! send me an email @ julie.dethrow@gmail.com and I will send you the link to mine! Go Aggies!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I found your blog!!!! And i absolutely LOVE your pics! All of them! You guys are amazing photographers! It was so good to talk to you in church today!

Alexis said...

Hey...I just tagged you...check out my blog.

Elise said...

Hey guys! Thanks for the shout out on our blog today. Great to hear from you and see your blog! As I looked at it, I too was thinking the same as everyone above-love the pics and the header-genius! It's fun to see the pictures of all the things you've told us about (i.e. Jon Smith and Pocahontas :) What a cool video and tribute from Glenn Beck. It's always nice to hear those things said on national television. Anyway, before this turns into an e-mail instead of a comment, we miss you guys too! Elise
P.S. Throw some music on here! I'd love to see what you have and I have a feeling I would love it too!

Elise said...

Jon, it's aching to be said...did you drop the bloganot? I have to admit I didn't see your blog until now but only because my CES computer doesn't let me access blogs - especially yours with all the smut and filth!
We need to do better at keeping in touch - for heaven's sake I didn't even know you had a turtle! You can't keep things like that from me...well, until next time - seeya. Shane